Terms and Conditions

Financial aid awards are based on you maintaining satisfactory academic progress as outlined on the SAP Financial Aid page.

The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid reserves the right to adjust your award due to changes in your eligibility or the availability of funds.

The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will capture your enrollment status on the Census Date for the specific term. If you register for classes but do not attend beyond the add/drop period, you must officially drop the course or you may be responsible for all charges incurred. All awards will be adjusted at this time to reflect your actual enrollment status. If you choose to take classes outside your primary program of study, you may be required to cover the cost from your own resources.

You must be enrolled at least half-time (six credits) in order to be eligible for Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans, Blue Wave, Part-Time FSAG, PSAV Grant, and to receive priority funding for Federal Work Study (FWS), and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG). In order to receive the Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG), you must be enrolled full-time (12+ credits) and be in an A.A., A.S. or A.A.S. degree program. In some cases, you may be eligible for a Pell Grant if you are less than half time.

Financial aid does not pay for audited classes or challenged exams.

You are required to notify the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid office if you receive financial assistance such as a scholarship, grant or loan from an outside source since this may affect your eligibility for financial aid. You must also notify the enrollment services/financial aid office if you change your name or address. The College will use your financial aid funds to pay for outstanding tuition, fees and other charges incurred. The first source of funds received by the College will be used to pay these outstanding charges. Remaining funds will be disbursed during the term.

If you receive aid you are not entitled to, it will be your responsibility to repay those funds. If you are taking classes at two different colleges you can only receive aid at one institution.