About Associate in Arts (A.A.)
What is an Associate in Arts (A.A.)? The A.A. provides students with the academic skills necessary to succeed in a bachelor’s degree program and in the workplace. Students learn how to think critically and creatively, communicate effectively, analyze problems scientifically, calculate solutions accurately and understand the world from multiple and diverse perspectives. Graduates are able to clearly define problems, use information and technology to research and develop solutions, examine and evaluate alternatives, and make ethical decisions to improve our complex and rapidly-evolving society.
The A.A. degree program is specifically intended to meet the requirements of students interested in continuing their studies to pursue a bachelor’s degree at FSCJ or transferring to one of Florida’s many public colleges or universities.
So many options at FSCJ!
- Complete the A.A. program fully online. Take online classes from the comfort of your own home, on your time and schedule. Learn more about online degree and certificate programs here.
- Change your future in as little as 18 months! The accelerated A.A. degree includes classes that are eight weeks long. You can enroll in hybrid (blended online and traditional) and online classes.
- Many face-to-face classes are offered at times and locations convenient for you. Classes are held during the day, night and even on the weekend. In as little as six terms, you can complete all of the general education classes at the Deerwood Center through FSCJ Weekend College and take the online elective classes needed to transition to a bachelor’s degree program. Check out our class schedules here.
- Learn more for less. Combined with FSCJ’s affordable tuition rates, many students also qualify for financial aid, scholarships, on- or off-campus employment opportunities and more.
- Qualified students can apply for the FSCJ Honors Program to enhance their learning through high-level coursework, service and leadership opportunities, and more. Honors students even receive a scholarship that covers tuition and fees.
Learn more. Schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor and check out visit.fscj.edu for more information.
What's your next step? Click here to learn more.