Accelerate your educational goals by simultaneously earning both high school and college credits for a single course.

What is dual enrollment and how would it help me?

Dual enrollment can help a student accelerate his or her educational goals, eliminate duplication between high school and college course content and increase the rigor and challenge of course offerings while in high school.

Dual enrollment enables high school students to simultaneously earn both high school and college credits for a single course. For example, a student who successfully completes the college course AMH2020 United States History From 1865 to the Present will earn both a half high school social studies credit and three college credit hours in social science. Some courses earn even more high school credit. An example of this would be MAC 1105 College Algebra which earns the student a full credit of high school mathematics as well as three college credits.

Where are the courses offered?

The courses are offered at all College campuses and centers, online and in various high schools. High school courses are only available to students who are enrolled at the high school.

What kind of courses are available?

Students can take academic college-level courses and/or some career and technical courses. Depending on educational and career goals, students can earn college credits that are transferable to any public college or university within the state of Florida and to most other public and private schools. Students may also be able to take some career related courses that are listed on the Florida Dual Enrollment equivalency list.

What does dual enrollment cost?

Tuition and academic fees are free to high school dual enrollment students. Per State statute, District school students are provided textbooks by the district; students who are officially registered as home school students with Duval or Nassau County are provided textbooks by the College; private school students pay for their own textbooks. Special fees, such as art supplies, aviation flight fees, culinary equipment, health care uniforms, automotive tools, etc., are paid by the student. Students will have to pay a one-time Dual Enrollment Records and Processing fee of $25 and $5 for each official transcript requested.

What are the eligibility requirements?

  • Students must attend a secondary school covered by an articulation agreement with Florida State College at Jacksonville. All Duval and Nassau County district schools have such an agreement, as well as numerous private schools. Duval and Nassau County home schools must be registered with their district school board.
  • A student must have a designated level cumulative, unweighted GPA, achieve a designated level on an assessment test, have a minimum of four high school credits and turn in all the requested paperwork.

How do private schools obtain an articulation agreement?

Contact (904) 633-8165 for additional information.

How do I get started?

Duval and Nassau County Private and Public School Students

  • Contact your high school guidance counselor to determine eligibility 
  • Arrange for placement testing 

Home School Students

  • Confirm that you are officially registered as a home school student with Duval or Nassau County and obtain a copy of the verification form
  • Contact the Dual Enrollment Office or Downtown Campus Dual Enrollment Coordinator to obtain all forms and information on how to arrange placement testing 

All Students

  • Complete the online application. During the application process, an email will be sent to your parent or guardian to approve your participation in the Dual Enrollment program. 

What are the deadlines?

Duval and Nassau County District students will follow the deadlines established by those Districts. Guidance counselors will inform students of these deadlines.

Private and Home school students wishing to take courses at a College campus must submit all appropriate paperwork to the campus dual enrollment coordinator assigned to their school by the deadlines shown below. Students who submit their applications to the campus after the deadlines will not be able to enroll in on-campus classes for that semester.

TermApplication Deadline
FallAugust 1
SpringDecember 1


How do I contact Dual Enrollment? 

Downtown Campus


(904) 633-8184

Kent Campus


(904) 381-3707

North Campus


(904) 766-6588

Deerwood Center


(904) 997-2509

South Campus


(904) 646-2141

Collegewide Dual Enrollment Office


(904) 632-3261

Note: You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view/print PDF files.