The Northeast Florida FinTech Initiative represents a partnership between Florida State College at Jacksonville and St. Johns River State College, regional schools, nonprofits and numerous financial services companies to provide new financial technology, or “FinTech” training and certification opportunities in topics such as blockchain, mobile applications, machine learning and cloud-based data management.
This innovative collaboration to provide new FinTech-related training and certifications will help equip Floridians with skills in demand by Northeast Florida’s growing FinTech industry.
The FinTech Initiative will also include the creation of a new externship program and working connections program. These programs will provide leaders of nearby K-12 schools with valuable skills and information needed to introduce students to the FinTech industry and will offer real-world industry experiences to College faculty.
- Banking Specialist - FinTech Technical Certificate – An introductory-level certificate designed to get students on a FinTech career pathway. Available Online
- FinTech Advanced Technical Certificate –For those who already hold a degree and is designed to upskill IT-based FinTech skills, particularly in software applications and development Coming Soon!
- FinTech Support Technician Boot Camp Academy - a fast-track program that provides a non-credit pathway for individuals to acquire skills desirable to regional FinTech companies Coming Soon!
- Security+ Boot Camp Academy - June 14-August 19, 2022, Tuesdays and Thursdays - Live Online 6-8 p.m.
- Python - June 9-July 7, 2022, Thursdays - Live Online 6-8:30 p.m.
Students will also have access to wraparound support services to include job placement and scholarships.
To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by Florida State College at Jacksonville and the State of Florida, Department of Economic Opportunity