Through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education, FSCJ has established a TRiO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) to support adults from Duval and Nassau counties, specifically those who belong to traditionally underrepresented populations, have limited English proficiency or are living with disabilities.
The EOC will identify and serve eligible participants yearly, eliminating the barriers to postsecondary education. A team of dedicated Enrollment Coaches will also assist and connect participants to the following:
- Guidance on secondary school reentry or entry to a general educational development (GED®)/alternative program
- Individualized career and academic counseling
- Tutoring services
- Career workshops/counseling
- Education and counseling designed to improve financial and economic literacy
- Mentoring services
- Support with college admission and financial aid applications
- Preparations for college entrance exams
EOC services will be provided by trained staff at each of FSCJ’s five campuses located throughout Duval and Nassau counties and at field/satellite offices provided by partnering agencies.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.