Academic advising is essential to the success of each student. Whether you are a new or continuing student, advisors provide the holistic support and guidance you need when making academic- and career-related decisions.
FSCJ has launched a NEW and IMPROVED advising center management tool to more efficiently serve students in our Advising Centers. This system provides more flexibility and convenience for you to make your experience more enjoyable.
This new system provides options that allow current and future students to:
- Virtually add yourself in line ahead of time from your computer or cell phone
- Schedule an appointment through the online feature tool
- Walk in to an advising center to be added to the queue through our kiosks
Current students should:
- Meet with your advisor at least once per term
- Regularly review your academic advisement report within your myFSCJ Student Center
- Seek the assistance of an advisor if you are experiencing academic difficulties
- Routinely check your student email account for important messages from the College and your advisor
Please check-in at least (30) minutes prior to the Advising Center closing time, regardless of your estimated wait time. Example: If the advising center closes at 6 p.m., you must be in the center no later than 5:30 p.m. to guarantee your place in line.
No-show: If you do not arrive for you appointment during the allotted time, you will forfeit your place in line.