Services for Non-Degree Seeking Students

International Admission Processing (Issuance of I-20)

An I-20 Form will be sent to the international student when the applicant has been accepted as a student at the ELI. Students need an I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 visa.  

Assistance in Bringing F-2 Dependents

A spouse and children may be able to enter the U.S. with the student on an F-2 visa. The student will want to submit the family member’s application for an F-2 visa at the same time they submit their F-1. They must have their own I-20 immigration form from the ELI in order to apply for an F-2 visa. The ELI will only issue a Form I-20 for a spouse and children if the student has sufficient finances to support them. Under no circumstances may an individual on an F-2 visa be allowed to work in the U.S. There are no exceptions.

Travel and Re-entry Advice and Authorization

International Student Services (ISS) must be notified prior to traveling outside the U.S. so that the Form I-20 can be endorsed for travel or a new form can be issued. Students must complete and submit an International Student Services Travel Request Form at least 10 working days prior to the anticipated travel date, although students are strongly encouraged to submit the form even earlier.

Assistance With Evaluation of Transcripts

Students will be referred to foreign transcript evaluation organizations by the ELI.

Assistance in Applying to Florida State College at Jacksonville Credit Programs

The ELI will help students meet with academic advisors when they apply for degree programs at Florida State College at Jacksonville for college admission advising.