FSCJ’s TRiO Student Support Services is part of a network of federally-funded programs called TRiO, whose objective is to expand educational access and opportunity in higher education for all Americans. While financial aid programs help students overcome financial barriers to higher education, TRiO programs help students overcome class, social and cultural barriers to higher education.
Located at FSCJ North Campus since 2010, TRiO Student Support Services Health Sciences provides individual and group services to 160 students. Its mission is to increase the academic success, retention and graduate rates of first generation (neither parent/guardian has completed a bachelor’s degree), low-income students and individuals with a disability.
An important aspect of the program is that it provides a consistent and ongoing support system that program participants depend upon throughout their time here at FSCJ, and they may participate throughout their enrollment at the College.
If students are committed to achieving their academic goals, they will find great benefits in joining the program.
- First-generation, low-income and/or disabled college students (first generation means neither parent obtained a bachelor's degree)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- Must be enrolled at FSCJ taking the Health Sciences prerequisite courses and/or accepted into a Health Sciences program.
- Must be interested in obtaining a certificate or associate degree in Health Sciences and transferring to a four-year program and/or university.
- Should have a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Must be educationally disadvantaged or have academic need, according to federal guidelines
- Academic/career/personal advising
- Academic tutoring
- Financial-aid advising and assistance
- Financial and economic literacy
- Peer mentorship
- Assistance with university transfer process
- Campus tours
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Academic resources (textbooks, test prep, health model, etc)
How to Join
TRiO Student Support Services Health Services Application
If you have trouble accessing this document and need to request an alternate format, please contact Cherry Stallworth at (904) 713-4530.
Applications can be mailed/emailed to:
FSCJ North Campus
4501 Capper Road
Building E 150
Jacksonville, FL 32218
Office Hours of Operation
- Mon-Wed 8 a.m.– 5:15 p.m.
- Thurs 9 a.m. -5:15 p.m.
- Fri 8 a.m.– 3 p.m.
Office is located at FSCJ North Campus, Building E-150.
Social Media Information
Staff Contact Information:
Student Success Advisor II
Student Success Advisor I
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (904) 766-6560 or by email.