What is a Quality Enhancement Plan?
A Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) focuses on improving student learning outcomes (SLOs) and/or student success over a five-year period of time. Through a process that will engage a variety of stakeholder voices, FSCJ will select a topic that will allow the institution to reflect on and affirm our commitment to student success for its diverse student body. The QEP will be designed to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue that the institution considers important to improving student learning outcomes and/or student success.
The QEP Process
An integral part of the SACSCOC reaffirmation process, the QEP is derived from our ongoing, comprehensive planning and evaluation processes. Our QEP will include the following components as prescribed in the SACSCOC Resource Manual for the Principles of Accreditation (Standard 7.2):
- A topic identified through our ongoing, comprehensive planning and evaluation processes
- The topic will focus on a course of action informed by data and our comprehensive planning process that focuses on improving student success and/or student learning outcomes. The topic will support the mission of the institution.
- Broad-based support of institutional constituencies
- All College stakeholders, including students, will have the opportunity to guide the selection and implementation of the QEP topic.
- Focuses on improving specific student learning outcomes and/or student success
- Student learning outcomes are those that identify the specific knowledge, skills, behaviors and/or attitudes/values student should be able to demonstrate.
- Commits resources to initiate, implement and complete the QEP
- Resources are not limited to budget dollars and should include consideration of the following: human resources, operating expenses, physical resources, assessment tools, faculty and/or staff development, etc.
- Includes a plan to assess achievement
- The expectation is to create a plan that identifies meaningful data to measure student learning outcomes. The plan should include timelines, multiple and varied measures and an explanation of the system used to collect, process and report the data.