CPT and FCELPT Sample Elementary Algebra Questions
1. If A represents the number of apples purchased at 15 cents each and B represents the number of bananas purchased at 10 cents each, which of the following represents the total value of the purchases?
2. √2 * √15 =
3. The Greens scored twice as many points as the Yellows. If the Greens scored 28 points, how many points did the Yellows score?
4. In the figure above, both circles have the same center, and the radius of the larger circle is R. If the radius of the smaller circle is 3 units less than R, which of the following represents the area of the shaded regions?
5. (3x – 2y)2 =
6. If x = -2 and y = 5, then x3y =
7. | 3 – 8 |=
8. Which of the following is a factor of x2 + x – 12?