Form Your Future – A FAFSA Completion Event
Join us for a FAFSA Completion Event and make sure you get money for college. Participants are giving away more than $5,000 in scholarships to Form Your Future attendees. Don't miss your chance to win.
Professional financial aid staff and counselors will be on hand at both locations to offer free help with all stages of the application process. In order to complete the FAFSA, parents and students should bring the following:
- Social Security number, driver’s license or alien registration card
- 2017 IRS 1040 or latest tax return and W-2 statements
- Federal Student Aid ID (Don’t have one? Create one at fsaid.ed.gov.)
Featured sessions include:
- Financial Aid 101: Learn about eligibility guidelines, application processes and responsible use of financial aid. Discuss your questions in small roundtable settings.
- FAFSA & FSA ID Completion Assistance: Request a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA) and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with assistance from experienced staff and volunteers.
- Plan for Career and Financial Success: Gain valuable insights from the FSCJ Foundation about searching and applying for college scholarships. Hear from community partner Earn Up/JAXUSA about in-demand skills and high-growth job opportunities in northeast Florida.
- Gap Year: Exploring Work-Based Learning Opportunities: Hear from City Year Jacksonville and Year Up Jacksonville staff and students about the opportunity to participate in an engaging, yearlong work-based learning program. Learn how the experience is enriching the lives of recent participants, local schools and businesses.