About FSCJ Online
Today’s student often needs a more flexible class schedule to meet their own specific needs or circumstances. FSCJ Online has fully online degrees and certificates available, or you can choose to take just a few of your courses online. An accelerated online option is also available for students who want to expedite the process to earn a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Associate in Arts degree or Real Estate Agent Workforce Certificate.
FSCJ Online gives students the opportunity to complete their program of study conveniently, affordably and from any place they choose. FSCJ's online courses also provide students with a quality online degree.
- FSCJ Online makes it possible for students in Florida to combine the convenience of online education with an affordable in-state tuition rate, while also providing students across the United States with FSCJ’s quality and value.
- Students can also avoid the cost of transportation and child care while still pursuing their educational goals. In 2017, FSCJ Online introduced online classes using Open Educational Resources (OER) digitally embedded in the course so students are not required to purchase textbooks or course materials.
- Over 22,000 FSCJ students have benefitted from reduced costs due to the use of OER classes.At an average cost of $100 per student for textbooks and course materials, it can be estimated that students have saved $2.2 million in textbook costs from Spring, 2017 through Fall, 2019.
- The majority of online classes are asynchronous meaning that you can engage with the course content when it works for you.At the beginning of the class, you will receive a course schedule with deadlines to plan your work.
- Online courses are offered through the Canvas Learning Management System, a web-based learning management system that contains tools for distance learning and a calendar that makes it easy to watch for upcoming due dates.
- Your Canvas class will include engaging and rich course content, a bulletin board system and chat for collaboration and communication, assignment drop boxes, interactive quizzes and exams, and much more!
- Students can access Canvas by logging in to myFSCJ with their single sign on College username and password.
- All online courses are instructor-led and use the same schedule as on-campus courses. You may still have midterms and final exams, papers, and discussion assignments to complete with deadlines on a weekly basis.
- Online instructors use a variety of learning methods and assignments in online courses just as they do in an on-campus class. You can expect to interact with your professor and your classmates via Canvas technology tools, online discussions, email and other virtual connectivity tool.
- You will need to have reliable Internet access and computer access – please review the technical requirements before signing up for an online course.
- For some classes, you may be expected to do Proctored Testing in person at one of the FSCJ campuses. However, you can also access virtual or remote testing, as needed.
- Your experience as an online student starts with the ability to request a virtual advising appointment.
- Once you start your online classes, you can also reach out to the FSCJ Online Resource Center at (904) 997-2628 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance at any time.
- The FSCJ Help Desk and Canvas Online Support can also help with any technical issues.
- Online tutoring is available 24/7 and the Library offers extensive virtual resources available for all FSCJ students.
- Many of the campus student engagement activities are live streamed so that online students can still be engaged in college life.