The Office of the Ombudsman is a place where students can voice concerns confidentially, develop options and solve problems informally.
The Ombudsman Office helps further the College’s strategic plan, and through its work, brings a culture that is ethical and civil where differences can be resolved. The Ombudsman also provides insight to College officials on general trends and patterns of complaints and concerns in an effort to prevent escalations or recurrences.
The Ombudsman performs a variety of functions including:
- Listening and providing a respectful, safe and humanized place within the College to discuss concerns
- Assisting FSCJ students, faculty and staff to clarify concerns and develop options
- Explaining College policies and procedures
- Providing referrals to other offices
- Looking into concerns by gathering data and the perspectives of other associated entities
- Facilitating conversations
- Investigating complaints
You should contact the Ombudsman if:
- You are confused about College policy
- You need someone to listen to your concerns
- You are seeking informal ways to resolve an issue you face
- You are not sure where to go for help
The Ombudsman can be reached via email or by phone at (904) 632-3025.