At Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) we are dedicated to placing our employees in the best position to succeed not only in their job, but life outside of work. Your all-inclusive rewards summary includes insurance, paid leave, professional development and retirement options in a professional, inclusive, diverse, and collaborative work environment. You selected us…so let us invest in you.
- FSCJ pays 100% of premium costs for full-time employees on select medical coverage options. Dental, and vision coverages are also available.
Additionally, for full-time employees, the College provides long-term disability insurance coverage and a life insurance benefit equal to the employee’s annual salary. Supplemental life insurance coverage up to three times the employee’s base salary, at the employee’s cost, is also available.
- Dependent and spouse/partner medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverages are also available as an additional employee paid premium deduction.
- Additional supplemental benefit options include a Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account.
- Vacation time – Earn between 12-24 days per year of vacation leave time based on employee classification and years of service.
- Sick leave time – Earn eight (8) hours of sick leave each calendar month of employment.
- Ten (10) Observed Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Break, Christmas Day.
- School Breaks – Time off for Winter Break and Spring Break.
- Summer Schedule – Reduced work week of 36 hours per week.
Sick Leave Pool – Employees with a catastrophic emergency/life threatening illness or injury that have depleted all sick leave, may apply for hours from the pool.
- Courses taken at FSCJ – Full-time employee and their eligible dependents and Part-time employees’ tuition and matriculation fees for course(s) taken at FSCJ shall be waived or reimbursed.
- Courses taken at a Regionally Accredited College or University – Full-time employees may receive reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) – Full-time and Part-time employees are automatically enrolled in FRS on their first day of employment. FRS has two retirement plans from which employees may choose - the Pension Plan or the Investment Plan. Employees must contribute 3% of their salary, on a pre-tax basis, to FRS.
- 403(b) & 457(b) Voluntary Savings Plan – Full-time and Regular Part-time employees have the opportunity to save in a 403(b), a 457(b) deferred compensation plan or both.