FSCJ helps Virginia College students.

With the announcement of Virginia College closing its campuses across the country, including the campus in Jacksonville, FSCJ is assisting any students who have questions.

Need to Know Your Options?

We are here to help.

Helpful information:

  1. You can enroll at Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ).

    FSCJ is waiving our usual $25 application fee for current Virginia College (VC) students or those who withdrew from Virginia College on or after Dec. 1, 2018. You can apply at zero cost if you apply by Jan. 15, 2019.

    Apply online today: Application fee waivers for VC students are valid until Jan. 15, 2019.


  2. What do I do after applying?

    Submit your official Virginia College transcripts to FSCJ for learning credit evaluation. Transcripts can be submitted in person or to: Admissions Office, Florida State College at Jacksonville, P.O. BOX 40515, Jacksonville, FL 32203-0515

  3. Will my credits from Virginia College transfer?

    Talk through your options with an FSCJ advisor. You have several options to earn credit for what you have already learned, but here’s a quick review:


    Prior Learning Assessments (PLA) may provide the opportunity to receive credit for prior coursework taken at another institution such as Virginia College, or through experiential learning that is equal to college-level learning. These assessments are done on an individual basis.

    You can earn up to 45 college credits total via PLA. You may be eligible to earn credit by one of the following methods:

    • Credit by Exam (CBE): College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Defense Subject Standardized Test (DSST), Excelsior College Exam (UExcel), etc.
    • Experiential learning: Prove how your learning equates to the learning outcomes in a specific FSCJ class through our portfolio development program and class.
    • Certifications: Provide evidence of certification(s) you completed that are relevant to a degree at FSCJ. If you have training relevant to your degree, ask an advisor or program manager if it is covered by any local articulation agreements.

Click here for more information on Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) options