Services for Retirees of FSCJ
Retirees of Florida State College at Jacksonville may request borrowing privileges for College-owned books, DVDs, audiobooks, and other physical circulating materials, and request items available via interlibrary loan.
A valid FSCJ identification card FSCJ Student ID is required to request and borrow items.
Remote (off-campus) access to online materials for retired faculty and staff is precluded due to subscription contracts/agreements with vendors and publishers.
LLC library services staff members at each location are available to help retirees who request specific articles or information.
FSCJ Retirees: Loan Periods and Renewals
(Requires FSCJ Student ID)
- Limit 10 books / 3 AV items
- Books – 14 days
- DVDs/VHS - 7 days
- Audiobooks – 14 days
- ILL – varies based on lending institution directives
- Periodicals – do not circulate
All materials must be returned by the end of each academic term. Items not returned 30 days after the due date are declared “lost,” with library borrowing privileges blocked until the item is returned, replaced, or the item’s replacement value is paid to the College.
- Renewals are allowed on checked-out items if:
- There are no other requests for the item.
- The item is not overdue (overdue items require in-person renewal).
- ILL renewals require approval from the lending institution.
How to renew
By phone: Provide retiree name and address.
At the campus/center: Show Student ID card.
Information on Interlibrary and Inter-Campus Loan
Interlibrary Loan: The College participates in standard interlibrary loan practices (borrowing and lending of items owned by other libraries) through agreements with regional, state, and national consortia. FSCJ faculty, staff, retirees of FSCJ, and students currently enrolled in a Florida State College at Jacksonville course for which learning support services are provided may request non-FSCJ owned materials be borrowed via FSCJ and picked up at any LLC location. Assistance with this process is available upon request.
Inter-Campus Loan: Borrowing and lending of college-owned library items from any FSCJ library is a service provided to all FSCJ faculty, staff, retirees of FSCJ, and students currently enrolled in a Florida State College course for which learning support services are provided. FSCJ owned materials may be requested online for pick up at any LLC location. Assistance with this process is available upon request.
- A Course Reserves section is available in each LLC for faculty and staff to place items for in-library use by students, faculty, or staff. Library materials may be placed on Course Reserve for one term and will be returned to circulation at the end of term.
- Personal items may be placed on Course Reserve for one term and will be returned to the requestor at the end of the term; the LLC is not responsible for loss or damage to personal items placed on Course Reserves.
- The LLC will not accept instructor's editions of textbooks, review copies of textbooks, or other proofs, embargoed, or proprietary materials to be placed on Course Reserve; this includes material labeled Instructor’s Edition, Annotated Instructor's Edition, Teacher’s Manual, Review Copy, or Not For Sale.
- The LLC does not purchase textbooks for Course Reserves.
- Individuals placing items on Course Reserve accept responsibility for compliance with copyright laws.
Information Literacy Instruction
- Professional instruction, reference and research assistance services are available upon request. Individual research assistance may be requested at the LLC Reference Desk. Instruction in search and discovery procedures for all library resources is provided by faculty librarians. Information Literacy instruction and library orientations are offered in person within the LLC, and online for distance education students and dual enrollment students.
- To schedule an information literacy or other library instruction, contact a faculty librarian