Link to article: http://news.wjct.org/post/job-fair-will-be-held-fscj-s-downtown-campus-tuesday
A large job fair is scheduled at Florida State College at Jacksonville’s Advanced Technology Center from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31.
Employers will be onsite to fill seasonal and long-term positions. Companies and organizations scheduled to participate include:
- Cypress Truck Lines
- Department of Corrections
- Duval County Public Schools; Gate Petroleum;
- Jacksonville Transportation Authority
- Southeast Grocers
- Sysco Jax Inc.
- U.S. Coast Guard
- United States Postal Service
- And others
Workshops on such things as resume building, mock interviews, records expungement and restoration of civil rights will be available. A host of resource organizations taking are also taking part:
- CareerSource Northeast Florida
- Catholic Charities Workforce Development
- Lutheran Social Services of Northeast Florida
- Operation New Hope
- The New Florida Majority
- U.S. Small Business Administration
Titled, “Jobs for You!,” the community job fair is hosted by State Senator Audrey Gibson (D-Fla.) and State Representative Tracie Davis (D-Fla.).
FSCJ's Advanced Technology Center is located at 401 W State St, Jacksonville, FL 32202.
Bill Bortzfield can be reached at email@example.com, 904-358-6349 or on Twitter at @BortzInJax.