For Immediate Release: April 22, 2021
Contact: Jill Johnson, (904) 632-5016
Operation BOOST Events Provide Short-Term Training Options
WHAT: Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ), along with the City of Jacksonville and Workforce Industrial Training, is hosting Operation BOOST — a series of workforce readiness events that will connect our community members with short-term training programs designed to get them connected to high-wage jobs quickly.
- Receive application fee waivers
- Work one-on-one with program and admissions representatives
- Learn about Scholarships and Financial Aid available for qualified students
- Have an opportunity to learn about featured programs in the areas of Construction, Health Care, IT, Education, Public Safety and more.
- Be eligible for a chance to win a $500 FSCJ scholarship just by attending
To learn more, go to fscj.edu/boost. Operation BOOST events are free to attend and open to the public. Social distancing will be observed and masks are encouraged for all attendees.
COST: Free event
WHEN and WHERE: Thursday, April 22, 2021
Mary Lena Gibbs Community Center
6974 Wilson Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32210
Saturday, April 24, 2021
10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Flossie Brunson Eastside Park
1050 Franklin St. Jacksonville, FL 32206