For Immediate Release: September 17, 2019
Contact: Jill Johnson, (904) 632-5016
FSCJ to Host Town Hall to Discuss Opioid Crisis
WHAT: In observance of National Recovery Month, Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) will host a Town Hall event to discuss the opioid crisis in Jacksonville. All community members are invited to participate in this event which will feature a screening of the PBS Documentary “Addiction,” followed by a guided discussion with an expert panel of local professionals who are helping to manage and find a solution to the issue.
The panel will be moderated by Chelsea Garcia, a member of AmeriCorps VISTA. Panelists include:
- Rico Bodin, Peer Recovery Specialist, Gateway Community Services
- Sally Finn, Executive Director, Drug Free Duval
- Venu Kolli, Pharmacy Manager, Walgreens
- Dan Renaud, Certified Addiction Counselor, Florida Recovery Schools
- Dr. Ron Salem, Jacksonville City Councilman, At-Large – Group 2, and Chair, Opioid Special Committee-Project Save Lives
All are welcome and online registration is required. Visit tiny.cc/bs0vcz to register and learn more.
WHEN: Friday, September 27, 2019
WHERE: FSCJ Downtown Campus, Advanced Technology Center
401 West State St.
Jacksonville, FL 32202