For Immediate Release: September 17, 2020
Contact: Jill Johnson, (904) 632-5016
FSCJ to Host Virtual Town Hall, “College and COVID-19: Teaching and Learning Through Crisis”
WHAT: Florida State College at Jacksonville's (FSCJ) will host "College and COVID-19: Teaching and Learning Through Crisis," a virtual town hall with a guided discussion from a panel of local college and university presidents.
Over the past six months, faculty and staff at area institutions have worked diligently and collaboratively to preserve academic continuity for their students. After launching a primarily virtual Fall Term, Jacksonville’s college and university presidents will reflect on what have they learned thus far. They will also share how their institutions are changing and innovating and what they envision for the future of higher education in Jacksonville.
- Dr. John Avendano, President, Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Mr. Tim Cost, President, Jacksonville University
- Dr. A. Zachary Faison, Jr., President, Edward Waters College
- Mr. Joe Pickens, J.D., President, St. Johns River State College
- Dr. David Szymanski, President, University of North Florida
The event will be moderated by FSCJ Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer/Executive Director of Employee Relations Lisa Moore, J.D.
WHEN: Friday, October 23, 2020
WHERE: Online – Visit fscjtownhall.eventbrite.com to register. The WebEx link will be provided upon registration.