For Immediate Release: July 22, 2021
Contact: Jill Johnson, (904) 632-5016
FSCJ to Host Entrepreneurial Thinking and Career Planning Event
WHAT: Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) will host Think Like a Boss, a free, in-person event that will highlight FSCJ’s Career and Technical Education programs with facility tours, admissions representatives and more. The event will also feature a presentation from Kyle Garman, the author of “The Entrepreneurial Mindset: Preparing our Next Generation for the Future of Work.”
Entrepreneurial thinkers and all who are interested in career planning are invited to attend this event where they will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with FSCJ Admissions staff
- Obtain financial aid/Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) assistance
- Participate in facility and lab tours for Welding, Logistics, Electrician and Building Construction programs
- Speak with representatives from the following programs:
- Business and Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Driving and Construction Trades
- Cosmetology and Facials Specialty
- Education and Human Services
- Health Care (Medical Assisting, Pharmacy Tech)
- Interior Design and Digital Media
- Logistics and Paralegal
- Rapid Credentialing Short-Term Training
The first 100 in-person attendees will receive a free copy of the book, “The Entrepreneurial Mindset: Preparing our Next Generation for the Future of Work.”
Learn more and register at visit.fscj.edu/event/184531.
WHEN: Thursday, August 12, 2021, from 3-7 p.m.
Kyle Garman’s presentation will begin at 5:30 p.m. For those who cannot attend in person, a virtual presentation option is available at visit.fscj.edu/event/185166.
WHERE: FSCJ Downtown Campus, Advanced Technology Center
401 West State St.
Jacksonville, FL 32202