WHAT: Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ), in partnership with the University of North Florida, Duval County Public Schools, Nassau County School District, Year Up Jacksonville, City Year Jacksonville and JAXUSA Partnership, will host Form Your Future, a free event designed to help high school juniors and seniors get a head start in preparing for college.
Form Your Future, an Earn Up initiative, provides all incoming students and/or their parents/guardians with in-person, admissions and financial aid guidance as they prepare for the transition to college.
Featured topics include:
- Financial Aid Resources: Live demos on how to use FAFSA4caster to estimate financial aid eligibility and Financial Aid Television (FATV) for video tutorials on topics such as how to apply for aid and what it means to be selected for verification.
- Choosing the Right College: Gain valuable insight on how to begin the college search using tools like College Navigator to compare stats such as cost, programs offered and student-faculty ratios.
- Finding Available Scholarships: Receive guidance on how to search for scholarships and create a scholarship match profile.
- Exploring In-Demand Majors and Careers: Learn how to choose a major based on your strengths and interests, and explore local job growth and salary averages for in-demand careers.
- Gap Year: Discover Work-Based Learning Opportunities: Hear from City Year Jacksonville and Year Up Jacksonville staff and students about the opportunity to participate in an engaging, yearlong work-based learning program.
COST: Free admission and parking
WHEN: Thursday, July 25, 2019
6 p.m. - Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: FSCJ Kent Campus, D-120
3939 Roosevelt Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32205