JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ), in partnership with the University of North Florida, Duval County Public Schools, Nassau County School District, Year Up Jacksonville, City Year Jacksonville and JAXUSA Partnership, will host Form Your Future, a free event that helps college-bound students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
Form Your Future will be held on Saturday, January 26, 2019, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at both the FSCJ Advanced Technology Center, located on FSCJ Downtown Campus, and the FSCJ Nassau Center.
This event provides free, in-person, financial aid guidance to help all incoming students and/or their parents/guardians prepare for a smooth transition to begin college. Students who attend Form Your Future also have the opportunity to enter for a chance to win more than $5,000 in scholarship money.
Featured sessions include:
- Financial Aid 101: Learn about eligibility guidelines, application processes and responsible use of financial aid. Discuss your questions in small roundtable settings.
- FAFSA & FSA ID Completion Assistance: Request a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA) and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with assistance from experienced staff and volunteers.
- Plan for Career and Financial Success: Gain valuable insights from the FSCJ Foundation about searching and applying for college scholarships. Hear from community partner Earn Up/JAXUSA about in-demand skills and high-growth job opportunities in northeast Florida.
- Gap Year: Exploring Work-Based Learning Opportunities: Hear from City Year Jacksonville and Year Up Jacksonville staff and students about the opportunity to participate in an engaging, yearlong work-based learning program. Attendees will also learn how the experience is enriching the lives of recent participants, local schools and businesses.
The addresses for each location are listed below:
FSCJ Advanced Technology Center
401 W. State Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202
FSCJ Nassau Center
76346 William Burgess Blvd., Yulee, FL 32097
Professional financial aid staff and counselors will be on hand at both locations to offer free help with all stages of the application process. In order to complete the FAFSA, parents and students should bring the following:
- Social Security number, driver’s license or alien registration card
- 2017 IRS 1040 or latest tax return and W-2 statements
- Federal Student Aid ID (Don’t have one? Create one at fsaid.ed.gov.)
For more information, visit fscj.edu/future.
Known as “the community’s college,” Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) exists to provide valuable, high-quality learning opportunities to anyone with the desire to enhance themselves through the pursuit of higher education. Serving more than 50,000 students and awarding more than 7,800 degrees and certificates on an annual basis, the College plays a significant role in supplying the region’s employers with a highly skilled, educated workforce.