The 2020 Benefits Open Enrollment is scheduled from October 21 through November 1, 2019, for changes effective January 1, 2020. Open enrollment is your opportunity to review your benefits coverage and make choices for the upcoming plan year.
Updates for 2020
- IRS annual limits for HSA – Individual $3,550 and Family $7,100.
- College contribution to HSA increased to $1,500.
- Consortium contribution remains the same as 2019. $500 - employee; $1,000 employee plus 1 dependent; $1500 - employee plus 2 dependents.
- IRS limits for the FSA - $2,700; Dependent Care- $5,000.
- Click here for the medical plans comparison chart.
Medical premiums increased by 5.53%, with the dependent subsidies continuing at the 2019 level.
Click here for full-time employee premiums.
- Moving to the Consortium Delta Dental PPO and DHMO plans with reduced premiums.
- HDHP/HSA Comparison Tool
- Consolidation to two 403(b)/457(b)/Roth providers – AIG (formerly Valic) and TIAA.
How do I make elections/changes in myFSCJ?
- Click here for step by step instructions on benefit elections/changes.
- Click here for step by step instructions on adding/updating life insurance beneficiary
Additional Benefits to Consider
- Supplemental Life Insurance for you, your spouse and/or child(ren).
- Long Term Care insurance (request through firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sick Leave Pool membership for all full-time employees that meet eligibility rules, reference APM 03-1006 and/or Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Click here for step by step instructions on Donate Leave Request (Sick Leave Pool membership).
- Florida KidCare is the State of Florida’s health insurance program that covers children ages 0-18
Additional Forms Needed if Adding Dependents
- Click here for the Certificate of Dependent Eligibility Attestation.
- Click here for the Affidavit of Tax Dependency for Domestic Partnership.
- Click here for the Personal Health Application (required for supplemental life elections for employee and/or spouse).
- Click here for Child Supplemental Life Verification (required if adding dependent children 19-25 years old).
Please note: Remove any overage dependents.
- Remove any overage dependents (ages 19-26) not eligible to participate in 2020.
- Health, Dental and Vision – Dependents may remain on plan through the calendar year in which they turn 26 with no eligibility requirements.
- Child Life Insurance – You may have a dependent listed on a child life policy through the calendar year in which they turn 25, as long as they are a tax dependent or a FT/PT student. This must be verified yearly.