At Monday’s Business Speaker Series event, local culinary experts shared how Northeast Florida has rapidly expanded its culinary scene, and what that means for employment, changing industry trends and entrepreneurial opportunities. More than 200 attendees enjoyed lunch from FSCJ’s 20West Cafe and Q & A with the panelists.
Panel speakers included:
- Renee Brust, Director of Marketing and Communications, American Culinary Federation (Moderator)
- Dennis Chan, Chef and Owner, Blue Bamboo
- Ben Johnson, President, Martin Coffee Company
- Celestia Mobley, Executive Chef and Owner, Celestia’s Coastal Cuisine, Jazzy’s Restaurant
- Lauren Titus, Editor, Edible Northeast Florida Magazine
- Jerry Watterson, Jacksonville Restaurant Reviews
The Financial Skills Academy kicked off January with a workshop for FSCJ and First Florida Credit Union employees. Attendees learned how to choose investments for retirement accounts, including 401k, 457b and 403b. Led by FSCJ faculty, attendees walked away with valuable knowledge, including how much that specialty coffee each morning is really costing you! FSCJ’s Marketing and Communications Intern Dayontrese Boatwright was on scene to get the scoop and to kick off our "What I Learned" (#WILFSCJ) series. Watch the video here.
We are already looking ahead to the next online Financial Skills Academy that will be held on March 4 and led by FSCJ Faculty Harvey Slentz and Christina Goodell. Registration details are coming soon.
Visit fscj.edu/business-speakers for more information.