Degree and Certificate Programs
The Bachelor of Applied Science Degree
Applicants to these programs must meet or exceed the admissions requirements as established by the program. Students must have an Associate degree (A.A. or A.S.) including program prerequisites, and must have completed at least 60 college credit hours in transferable credit courses with a GPA of 2.5 or above. Students who bring either an A.A. or A.S. degree will undergo an evaluation to determine what additional coursework may be needed in order to meet the prerequisite requirements for the B.A.S. degree.
To receive a bachelor's degree, students must:
- Fulfill the requirements for the chosen major.
- Earn a minimum of 120 unduplicated semester hours with at least a “C” average (2.0 GPA) for all Florida Community College coursework attempted.
- Earn a minimum of 25 percent of the total hours required for the degree in residence at Florida Community College.
- Apply no more than 45 semester hours in any combination of extension, correspondence, CLEP, University Credit by Examination and Armed Forces credits toward an undergraduate degree.
- Fulfill the General Education Program requirements.
- Fulfill the College Level Communications and Computational Skills Assessment requirements according to Florida Rule 6A-10.030;
- Fulfill the Foreign Language requirements.
- Fulfill the CLAST requirements, and
- Be registered at Florida Community College during the semester of graduation.