2020 FSCJ Author Series
The annual FSCJ Author Series engages students in a learning community around a published memoir and social issues that promote academic discourse in higher education and create permanent and positive impact within the College and community. FSCJ students attend events throughout the academic year relevant to the memoir. The author visits in March, speaking at free College events that are open to the public.
"Craig & Fred, a Marine, a stray dog, and how they rescued each other" by Craig Grossi
The book is available to borrow from the FSCJ Library.
Additional resources available at the FSCJ Author Series LibGuide.
2020 Author Visit
Craig & Fred will visit FSCJ March 4-5, 2020. Don’t miss this event.
- Students: Read the book
- Faculty: Adopt the book for use and discussion in your classes during the 2019-20 academic year
- Suggest a College event related to this book by contacting Melissa Boyd
- Attend Craig’s presentations on March 4-5, 2020
More about the FSCJ Author Series
This annual series aims to:
- Actively engage students in analysis of the world around them
- Develop students’ critical thinking skills concerning current global topics
- Unite full-time and adjunct faculty, staff and students from multiple disciplines Collegewide
- Involve service learning endeavors and actively engage students, faculty and staff in their local and/or global community
- Integrate learning community events, panels, lectures and activities throughout the course of the academic year leading up to the author’s visit
- Utilize technology and social networking to highlight the learning community and its endeavors
For more information about the FSCJ Author Series, contact Melissa Boyd at email@example.com or (904) 646-2419.