2018 FSCJ Author Series
The annual Florida State College at Jacksonville Author Series engages students in a learning community around a published memoir and social issues that promote academic discourse in higher education and create permanent and positive impact on the College and in the community. FSCJ students attend events in the Spring Term relevant to the memoir. The author visits in March at free events in Jacksonville that are open to the public.
“The World’s Strongest Librarian: A Book Lover’s Adventures” by Josh Hanagarne
The book is available to borrow from the FSCJ Library. Read this article to learn more about the book.
Additional resources can be found at the FSCJ Author Series LibGuide.
2018 Author Visit
Josh Hanagarne will visit FSCJ on March 13, 2018. Don’t miss this event.
- Students: Read the book
- Faculty: Adopt the book for use and discussion in your Spring Term classes
- Suggest a College event related to this book by contacting Dr. Mary Lee Cunill
- Attend Josh Hanagarne’s presentation on March 13, 2018
More about the FSCJ Author Series
This annual series aims to:
- Actively engage students in analysis of the world around them
- Develop students’ critical thinking skills concerning current global topics
- Unite full-time and adjunct faculty, staff and students from multiple disciplines Collegewide
- Involve service learning endeavors and actively engage students, faculty and staff in their local and/or global community
- Integrate learning community events, panels, lectures and activities throughout the course of the academic year leading up to the author’s visit
- Utilize technology and social networking to highlight the learning community and its endeavors
For more information about the FSCJ Author Series, contact Dr. Mary Lee Cunill at (904) 701-7967.