The Florida Law Enforcement Academy Workforce Certificate (W.C.) provides students with exceptional law enforcement learning opportunities in subjects including evidence gathering, investigation and criminal law, traffic control, patrol procedures and weaponry training based on requirements of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Upon completion, students will be fully prepared for state certification exams and law enforcement jobs with State, County, and municipal law enforcement agencies.
Interested candidates must complete:
- A College application (link to college application)
- Select My main goal is to earn a degree, certification or professional license to go directly to a career.
- Select Criminal Justice and Paralegal
- Select Workforce Certificate
- Florida Law Enforcement Academy
- Follow questions/prompts from there
- The Basic Law Enforcement Phase One Application Packet (link to access packet). Packets can either be mailed or dropped off at the front desk of the Northeast Florida Criminal Justice Center.
The basic law enforcement application process has four phases. Applicants will be given information about the upcoming phases after the successful completion of each of the initial three phases. The application process can, generally, last from six to eight weeks to complete.
Full time day class are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and take approximately five and one-half months to complete. Classes start in January and July.
Part-time night class are Monday to Friday, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., and take approximately eleven months to complete. Night class start dates are based on reaching minimum number of student applications.
Attendance for this program is state mandated; therefore, before you begin the application process, please ensure that you will be able to attend 100% of the course.