About Fire Science Technology (A.S.)
The Associate in Science (A.S.) in Fire Science Technology offers students a sequence of courses designed to provide relevant technical knowledge needed to prepare for entry or advancement in the fire-service or in a related fire-protection field. Students have the option of earning the Fire Officer Supervisor (T.C.) while completing the degree.
Contact the Program Manager for more information about the Fire Science Cadet Academy (fall enrollment only).
Some of the topics covered include:
- Fire prevention
- Fire behavior and combustion
- Private fire protection systems
- Principles of emergency services
- Legal issues in fire service
- Fire chemistry
- Fire department administration