WHAT: : In partnership with Feeding Northeast Florida, Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) students, faculty and staff will celebrate #GivingTuesday on November 29, 2022. The College invites the community to join the FSCJ H.O.P.E. Food Pantry to support students, employees and neighbors who are experiencing food insecurity on this global day of giving.
There are multiple ways to participate:
- Donation Drive
Donation bins will be placed on all campuses to collect nonperishable food and personal items. Items of high need include drinks (water, sports drinks, powder mixes, etc.), canned/packaged fruit, peanut butter and breakfast items. See bin locations below.
- Monetary Contributions
Monetary gifts of any size to the FSCJ H.O.P.E. Food Pantry are welcome. The first $25,000 raised will be matched by an anonymous donor. Gifts can be made at fscj.edu/givingtuesday.
- Mobile Food Giveaway
FSCJ and Feeding Northeast Florida are hosting a mobile food giveaway. FSCJ student, faculty and staff volunteers will distribute food bags to individuals in need – students, employees or anyone from the community. Time and location information is below.
Learn more and donate at fscj.edu/givingtuesday
WHEN: Tuesday, November 29, 2022
WHERE: Donation Bins:
- Administrative Offices, Lobby, 501 W. State St., Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Deerwood Center, G-1701, 9911 Old Baymeadows Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Downtown Campus, C-101, 101 W. State St., Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Kent Campus, G-149, 3939 Roosevelt Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32205
- North Campus, E-235, 4501 Capper Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32218
- South Campus, U-202, 11901 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32246
- Urban Resource Center, Lobby, 601 W. State St., Jacksonville, FL 32202
Mobile Food Giveaway:
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
FSCJ Downtown Campus
101 W. State St.
Jacksonville, FL 32202
In front of Parking Lot 5. Drive-up service is available.