It is that time of year again to select deserving students for commendation at our annual Celebration of Student Success ceremonies. In keeping with past tradition, we invite you to select one to three students from your respective courses, academic programs, student organizations or workplace for recognition of their excellence. Students may be selected from the Summer 2021, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Terms.
Students will be recognized in the following categories:
- Academic Achievement - This award recognizes academic achievement in the areas of Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Applied Science, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Associate in Science, and Non-Credit.
- Inspirational Achievement - This award recognizes students who have demonstrated perseverance and determination to complete their courses.
- Outstanding Student Worker - This award recognizes students who have gone above and beyond in their role as a student worker at FSCJ.
- Outstanding Student Leadership - This award recognizes students who have been involved in co-curricular activities including, but not limited to, student organizations, Student Government Association, student ambassadors, volunteerism, Honors Program, undergraduate student research or service to academic departments.
The schedule and nomination deadline for each awards ceremony is as follows:
- Kent Campus/Cecil Center - Tuesday, April 5, from 6-7:30 p.m., Room D120, Nomination Deadline: March 22
- North Campus/Nassau Center - Tuesday, April 12, from 6-7:30 p.m., Auditorium, C126, Nomination Deadline: March 29
- Downtown Campus - Thursday, April 14, from 4-5:30p.m., Auditorium, A1068, Nomination Deadline: March 31
- Deerwood Center - Tuesday, April 19, from 6-7:30 p.m., Academy Room, B1204, Nomination Deadline: April 5
- South Campus - Thursday, April 21, from 6-7:30 p.m., Nathan H. Wilson Center for the Arts, Lakeside Room, Nomination Deadline: April 7
Nominations may be submitted by completing the online form. Nomination deadlines are two weeks before the date of your campus award ceremony. Please indicate which ceremony you wish for your student to be recognized. Also, please provide a brief description of why the student is being recognized (limit 125 words) to be shared by the ceremony emcee when your nominee is called to the stage. You do not have to be present for your student to receive their award. Nominations will only be accepted from FSCJ employees.
All student award recipients will receive an email to confirm their attendance. The student will also have the opportunity to share an optional headshot that will be used in the ceremony presentation. Award recipients may also indicate if their significant other and/or an immediate family member will join them at their ceremony.
A reception with grab-and-go, prewrapped cookies will follow each ceremony. If you have any questions, please contact Student Life & Leadership at email@example.com.
We appreciate your participation in this Celebration of Student Success and look forward to helping you acknowledge students who deserve to be recognized for their accomplishments.